Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Hurricane Katrina the Killer


Well, what can I even say, besides Thank God we are alive and safe. New Orleans is completely under water from Hurricane Katrina.

My mom, grandma, Scott and I evacuated on Sunday morning around 11:30 a.m. We headed east and ended up in Panama City Beach, Florida twelve hours later. We had a condo on the beach (very nice under such horrible circumstances). We were also with some of my cousins and their families, so that was good and comforting. We stayed there for two nights and after seeing footage of New Orleans and hearing the reports, we decided that we will not be able to go back home for a month--- can you even imagine?????? So we headed to Glenn and Tammy's in Orlando, FL. We will be here for the time being, or until they get really sick of us!!! But seriously, we are so thankful that we have a place to stay. We are just going to take one day at a time right now.

This is so horrific that I haven't even stopped to really think about it all and everything that we have lost. We really won't know until we go back home. We heard from others yesterday that stayed in town that we had 5 feet of water on our street yesterday and 2 feet in our house; that's not as bad as we thought. However, the conditions have gotten worse today. We are extremely nervous and concerned.

All kinds of questions come up now: will I have a job when I go back, how am I going to get my money from a local bank, what did I forget that I should have taken with me, etc...I'm even thinking of subbing at the schools here, if they will have me.

And to top it all off, we have idiots in New Orleans who are looting stores and homes now!!! It is so infuriating!!!! They need to be shot down on the spot. Just to let everyone know, not everyone is like those idiots looting that you are seeing on TV. We really do have great people in New Orleans!!! We do, however, have our share of dip wads!!! It makes me so angry at a time like this that you have such dishonest people in the world!!!

I will try to keep everyone up to date, now that I have access to a computer and internet. Please pray for all of the New Orleanians and our Mississippi friends who will be suffering for a while. We are strong and will rebuild and come back, but it will take us time. God Bless everyone.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Tiffany...I am sooo glad to hear that you guys are okay. Last I spoke to Jenni you were not going to evacuate so you have been on my mind. I know you are good with keeping people updated so I have been checking your site out frequently. I haven't been able to reach Jenni by phone yet do you know if they are okay??? I have been glued to the TV with all of this and I can not believe how bad it is there. Again, I am soooo relieved to hear you guys are okay and you are in our thoughts and prayers. Keep me posted and take care. Alicia

12:50 PM  
Blogger Keith Horowitz said...

I'm really glad to hear you are okay. I was worried about you. Glad you made it to a safe haven. Take care!

7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home