Friday, May 19, 2006

Back in the house, festivals, and Orlando trip

It's been a while since I have posted. A lot has been happening since my last post.


We are now officially in our house!! It's great! We have gotten more furniture and are now settled in. At first, it seemed very strange to live here again, but after about a week, it was like we never had left. Now, we have a brand new house! I have pictures on our website of the house from when we evacuated Metairie on Aug. 28, 2005 through now. It's amazing to see what this house and we have been through the past 8 1/2months. You can view pictures here. The most recent pictures are on page 4.

The past month was filled with festivals in New Orleans. We went to the French Quarter Festival and the Jazz and Heritage Festival. Both were really fun and the crowds were good. It was so nice to see so many people out and about the city for these two fests. Everyone seemed to enjoy them and I think we needed both of them. I have some pictures from the fests located here.

Last weekend, we traveled back to Orlando for my niece's 1st birthday! (and it wasn't an evacuation trip to Orlando this time--thank God.) I can't believe she is one year old already. My mom, Scott, Brian and I flew down there to celebrate. We even ended up going to Walt Disney World for 2 of the days and managed to go to all 4 parks. I had never been to Animal Kingdom. It was pretty good. They have a new ride there, Expedition Everest, which was awesome! We rode it two times in a row. We did a little bit in all of the parks and it was incredible weather last weekend, so it was extra nice.

Megan's party was really fun. Glenn and Tammy did a great job! They had lots of food, drinks, and great company. Megan seemed to have a good time, too! She was really cute with her presents and eating her cake. It was awesome to spend time with her. She is just beautiful and so much fun. You can see all the pictures from the weekend here. I wish I was there again this weekend!!

School is almost finished for the year--thank God! And what a year it's been! The month of May is always so hectic with the paper work and tying all the loose ends up that I'm beginning to feel the heat. I'm just ready to be out for the summer. I can't wait to go swimming and hang out at the club and not have too much to worry about! In two weeks, I'll be done with work. Then, I'm going to the beach with my girlfriends as soon as I get out of work on that last day. I have been "craving" a beach trip with the girls, so I hope its fun.

Well, that's about all that's going on around here. Continue to pray for all of the New Orleanians. There is still so much more that has to be done around here and hurricane season starts in two weeks again. I just pray that we are spared, especially, this year. I don't think we can handle another hurricane this soon after all we have been through.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home