Friday, July 02, 2004

Daytona

I have to admit that I am a little depressed that I am not in Daytona for the Nextel Cup NASCAR race this weekend. This is the first time in three years that I am not there. I just didn't get my act together and get a trip planned. Plus, with all my new "geeky" technology, money has been tight. But I really am feeling it, not being down there for the race. Despite all of our "mishaps" last year in the "bad luck state of Florida" with the "Crash Crew," it really was a fun time. I will be watching the race tonight from the comfort of my home, hopefully with no interruptions! I'll be wearing my new pink Dale Jr. #8 hat that Glenn and Tammy gave me for my b-day and rooting him to victory again!

Glenn has been working on a new web page for us! It looks great! He really put a lot of hard work into it. It's not completed yet, but we will finish it in August when he comes back in town. So, I'll let everyone know when it is completed. We even have an easier name for it: WelchfamilyNOLA.com. I tried that name and it wasn't taken, so we took it!

This week was nice and quiet. I went to the club 2 of the days. I didn't do much else really. My friend, Stephanie, is coming in town on Monday. I'm so excited because she is pregnant and I haven't seen her since March. The baby is due in mid-October. So, we are going to hang out next week a bit. Then she will go back on the road in her RV with her husband who plays golf on the PGA Nationwide tour. What a life! We have to play..."Where in the world is Stephanie" every week, because we never know what city she will be in! I'm so glad she is getting to travel the country all this time!! Too bad we can't all pack our bags and hop in the gorgeous RV with them for the year! I know she would just love that!! ;)

Well, I'm going to sign off for now. I need some rest before the big race tonight!!! I'll be "getting my 'roll' on!!" Hope you will be, too!

Go Driver #8!!! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home