Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Catching up

My friend Stephanie came in town Monday from being on the road with her husband for golf. I picked her up Monday from the airport and we got to hang out and catch up with each other all day. She looks so cute pregnant! It had been so long since I had seen her. Her mom cooked dinner Monday night and it was delicious.

Then on Tuesday, I followed her up to her house in Baton Rouge, we had lunch and I went with her to buy a new car! I couldn't let her go by herself to buy a new car...who wants to do that??

This was a "fun-filled" day, let me tell you! Buying a car has got to be one of the most unpleasant things. Thank God we were together, so we could make each other laugh! We were at the dealership for HOURS! But we did take a break and had coffee with another friend in the middle of "negotiations," so that was good. She bought a beautiful new silver Honda Accord. We really did have a good time once the nerve racking part was all over! It was just fun to hang out together, since we don't get to see each other too often.

Then, I headed back to Metairie later that night. I stopped at the outlets on the way home and zipped thru some stores, just to make sure I didn't see some great bargain I couldn't live without! I didn't get home until about 9:30, only to realize that I had NOT TiVoed The Amazing Race! I knew for sure I had Big Brother 5 TiVoed, but I screwd up with The Amazing Race. I did get to catch the last half an hour of it. I love these 2 shows! My friend, Jeanie and I wait all summer for them to start! I then watched my TiVoed shows from the day and was up until 3:30 A.M! Not a good thing to do with a migraine headache!

Today, I went BACK to the eye doctor for the third time to make sure I could wear the contacts and I got the "go ahead" from him, so I got my six month supply and I am set!!! I finally can put them in much better than I could before, thanks to my friend Karen, who gave me some pointers!

Scott gave me my b-day present today. It's a beautiful "Clay Original" of the Roman Candy man's carriage! We love to get roman candy here in town and whenever Scott sees him, he always gets me some strawberry and vanilla sticks, so this was a great gift from him to me! I have one Clay Original already of my beloved Parkway Tavern that Ma'Ma' gave me for my 29th birthday, so now I have another one to add to my "collection!" I love all the clay originals. They are just so beautiful!
Well, that is about all that's going on at this time! Later...

1 Comments:

Blogger DizWiz said...

I went to the eye doctor yesterday too! What a coincidence! But, as always, I'm still as blind as ever. I do know one thing: I will never get the Lasik surgery after seeing it done to Jessica Simpson on "Newlyweds" last night.

The present from Scott sounds nice. You're going to have quite a nice collection of the Clay Originals.

I'm glad you had a nice time with Stephanie. I can't believe you went with her to buy a car. Why didn't you take her to the Jeep dealership? :-)

6:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home