Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Eventful Week

Last week was an eventful one.
Thursday, I went to Katherine’s to baby-sit Sophia, so she could run and get her haircut. Sophia was very good! When she woke up from her nap and was looking for her mommy and daddy, I did what any good babysitter would do; I put in the "Baby Einstein" tape for her to watch!!! ;) By the time it was over, her mommy was home! It was a pleasure to watch Sophia! I'm so glad Katherine asked me.

Nicole and Alex finally made it out to the club on Friday to go swimming with Lauren, her girls, and myself. We had a nice time just catching up with each other. Since Nicole had Alex in February, it’s been hard to sit down and chat, since she is so busy with work and taking care of a new baby! Friday gave us that chance to be with Nicole and Alex and enjoy their company.

The weekend was a good one. Stephanie came back in town on Sunday, so we went to dinner at Sid Mar’s and had dessert at Sal’s Sno-ball stand! She flew out on Monday to go back on tour.

Monday we got some news about my grandma Georgiana’s house that has been for sale for two years. A couple of people put in offers and we accepted one of them! I know my Aunts are going to be emotional about the selling of their childhood home, but I know in the end, it is the best thing.

I realized this week, that the summer is now FLYING by!! I only have about a month until school starts back. I need to make the most of my time while it lasts. Jenni is coming in this weekend from Hattiesburg and again on Tuesday, so I hope to spend some time with her. She looks so great pregnant, too! (Notice how all my friends are pregnant or have kids??? It's sometimes sureal to me!! When did we grow up so fast? I still feel like a kid most of the time!)

I leave for Las Vegas a week from today. I’m getting excited about it! I have to figure out what I need to bring…all I know is that I’m going to need cool clothes because they say the heat there is really awful! I don’t know how it could be worse than here right now, but I have a feeling it’s going to hit us, so I better pack appropriately. Until next time, have a good one! :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Keith Horowitz said...

The heat in Las Vegas is intense. You stay inside during the day. We burned our feet walking across the white tile to get into the outdoor pool at the hotel. At night in the summer, the heat can drop below 100.

On our way out of LV, we stopped in Hover Dam. 120 degrees. In the shade. I have a picture of their shaded thermometer showing 120. It was hot!

10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home