Monday, July 26, 2004

Las Vegas

I returned from Las Vegas late Saturday night!  It was a great trip!  We stayed at The Venetian.  Our room was phenomenal. 

We visited lots of the hotels on the strip, went on a gondola ride, went to the top of the Eiffel Tower at the Paris Hotel, went to see “O,” the Cirque du Soleil show at The Bellagio, which was great, rode the roller coaster at New York New York and we did some gambling.  For some reason though, all the slot machines were broken last week!  We didn’t win anything!  But it was still fun. 

Boy, was it HOT!  Wow!  The best way for me to describe it, is to say that it felt like you were standing in front of a car exhaust that didn’t move!  Before I went, I thought that it couldn’t be too bad…our weather in New Orleans is so hot and disgusting, so at least Vegas is “dry.”  Well, I was mistaken.  The only thing that was good about the dry weather was our hair!  I guess at 108 degrees, dry or humid, you’re going to feel the heat!   So, we tried to stay indoors as much as possible, since the heat took a beating on you. 

I’m glad that I finally got to “Sin City.”  It’s always nice to travel to different places.  My next destination is back to New York with my whole family at the end of October/beginning of November!  I can’t wait!!  That is my favorite city!  I’m sure it will be a blast!    

1 Comments:

Blogger Keith Horowitz said...

I'm glad you had a good trip. It sounds like you got to see a lot of great things!

I like how you described the heat - it does it justice!

9:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home