Thursday, December 23, 2004

A White Christmas in New Orleans?? It's Possible!!

That's right, snow flurries are predicted in New Orleans for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day! We have not had snow since Christmas in 1989 and boy, was that fun!

I remember lots of things from that year...I remember going to the levee with Stephanie and my brothers and sliding down it and making snow angels! I remember Mr. Philip, who was like the grandpa we never had, calling my dad to tell us to take us out to the lake since it was frozen. I remember going to the lake on Christmas Day with everyone and "walking on water, just like Jesus," since it was frozen. I know my cousins remember that well, too, when my dad said that to us all! It made us laugh! We had never seen anything like this here in NOLA. It was so cool.

As far as this year for snow, only time will tell. If it does snow, just know that there will be plenty of pictures taken!!

I hope everyone is enjoying the Christmas season!! I finally finished my Christmas shopping at 8:45 p.m. tonight!! I didn’t think I had that much to do, but I ended up getting most of my cousins, Aunts and Uncles a little “thought” present, that consumed a lot of my time for a few days. I hope they like what I got them. We pick Kris Kringle names between the cousins, which is great! I have had my K.K.’s present for weeks now, but I just decided to do this “thought” this past weekend and it has turned into quite a project! Oh well, it’s all about giving!!!

Have a very Merry Christmas!

1 Comments:

Blogger DizWiz said...

I hope you do have a white Christmas in New Orleans! That would be nice!

Ahhh...memories of 1989...

I wish Tammy and I could be there to spend Christmas Eve and Christmas with y'all! We miss you!

Have a wonderful Christmas!

8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home