Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Make - Up Days!!

I am back, again, at work after being off almost all last week for the Hurricane Ivan threat. (Yesterday felt like the first day all over again!!)

Now, we have FOUR make-up days that we have to fit in before the end of the semester.

We already have two emergency make-up days "scheduled" at the beginning of our Christmas break. Ok, that's fine...I can deal with that. The other "scheduled" one is at Easter...fine, I can deal with that, too.

However, since we need to make them up before the end of THIS semester, the Easter one won't work.

So, guess when they might have us make the other two up...Nov. 1 and 2. I would be fine with that, however, I have had a trip planned to New York with my whole family since June for that weekend, since I was suppose to be off of work!!!

These are not designated "make-up" days. Nov. 1 is a "holiday" and Nov. 2 is "election day" on the official school board calendar. I don't think I would have scheduled a trip and bought plane tickets with even the threat of having to work those days! You think anyone will listen as I plead my pathetic case?!? (I doubt it, too! That's why I am venting in this 'blog' of mine!!) I haven't found out the final decision, but it's not looking good. I will just have to use my sick days and make up lesson plans for a sub. Fun, fun. Thanks Ivan.

Anyway, 37 days until I get back to New York!!!! I can't wait. I hope the weather is wonderfully cool and the leaves are changing in Central Park!! It'll be a blast!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home