Tuesday, September 14, 2004

A Character name Ivan

There is this vicious character named Ivan about to be knocking on our door here in New Orleans. As Glenn said, all of those people's prayers in Southern/Central Florida must be being answered. They couldn't take another one and I wouldn't wish it on them in a million years!

But here in NOLA, the weathermen are making everyone crazy! They get you so nervous! There is one, Bob Breck, who would have you evacuating to Alaska, as my friend Lauren said! We can't even watch him!!! I am just waiting for Nash Roberts to come out with his magic marker in his garage and tell us where this thing is really going to land. He is the only one I trust. He's an expert on hurricanes and he's old school, which I like better than these 'doppler' people!

For hundreds of years, we have been avoiding "The Big One." See, if and when we do get hit by the big one, New Orleans will be completed gone. We are below sea level and we are the shape of a soup bowl, so we would be destroyed. I guess that's why the weathermen feel the need to scare us, but I just don't think that Ivan is the big one...I hope I'm right about my feeling! Only time will tell. As of now, we are riding this sucker out, but if that changes, I hope we come home to everything we left. I'll be in touch soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home