Sunday, August 29, 2004

Back at work!!!

Hi! I'm back at work, after such a nice and relaxing summer. I had forgotten how exhausting my job is the first few weeks of school. I felt like I had been hit by a Mack truck everyday at 4:30. It's so hard getting back into the swing of the procedures for the students (and us teachers)!! ;) I know it will get better as the weeks go on. I had my duty week last week, so at least that is over until October! My days won't be as long now, as they were last week. That extra time just makes the day so much harder. My class seems to be a good group of children. We have many new kids to our school, which is another obstacle. And I sure wish I knew some Spanish...Seems like I have a lot of non-English speaking children this year! Boy, is that hard on them and me right now. However, I know it won't be long until they learn English. Kids pick it up so fast! Thank goodness!!

I have had 2 showers in the past 2 weeks. One was for Stephanie's baby and the other was for our neighbor, Jaime's wedding. They were both very nice. Jenni's baby shower will be coming up soon, too, so that will be fun, as well.

I did enjoy the Bristol NASCAR race last night!!!! My 'man' Dale Jr. WON!!! That race is always such an exciting race, no matter who wins. But how sweet it was last night!!

Not much more going on here...I'm just trying to recuperate this weekend and get myself back together from a long week at school.

1 Comments:

Blogger Keith Horowitz said...

Sounds like work is really keeping you busy. It is nice when work can be emotionally rewarding!

10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home