Monday, September 06, 2004

Labor Day

Today is Labor Day! We had off of work...yippee!!! (I know, I haven't even been back long enough to really be ready for a holiday, but it was so nice to be off!)

This weekend was a good one. Friday, I went out to eat with Lauren at DeAngelo's. It was really good.

On Saturday, we were worried about Glenn and Tammy with hurricane Frances, but we talked with them and they seemed to be ok.

Later, my mom and I went shopping to get her something for her birthday, since she wouldn't tell me what she wanted. We succeeded and I got her a new pair of jeans for the winter and our New York trip.

Then on Sunday, we celebrated her birthday. We had a great day...we went to Mass, then we went to the club. Uncle Ken, Aunt Liz, Kenny, Ryan, Scott, Ma'Ma', my mom and I went. Ryan, my mom and I were the only ones to go swimming, though. Ma'Ma' cooked chili and hot dogs that were good. Later that night, we had our traditional Sunday night "therapy" with Miss Phyllis and Mr. Billy. It was a very nice day and I think my mom really enjoyed her birthday. Pictures are posted on our website and can be seen here.

Today, I slept late (which I love doing) and woke up to check my email, only to find that I was not able to receive any emails. It seemed as though I could send, but nothing was coming in to me...So, all day I had been restarting the computer, calling Cox, reading the online help site for Microsoft outlook, and racking my brain as to why we couldn’t receive emails…

Well…I went away from it for a while and came back and all of a sudden the light bulb went off in my dead brain of mine…

I didn’t have SpamPal running!!!!!!!!!!!!!! UGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had been reading Glenn's post-it note all day that is on the monitor reminding me to run SpamPal before opening outlook, but didn’t even realize that it wasn't running and I didn't think that had anything to do with it, but of course it did!! So, I guess we only can learn from our mistakes! I had no idea that SpamPal would prevent ALL emails from coming in, I just thought it might not catch some spam. Funny little thing, huh? Sometimes I just hate technology!! You can't live with it and you can't live without it for sure!!! I'm just glad I got it working again!

1 Comments:

Blogger Keith Horowitz said...

It is always nice to have a long weekend. Except of course if you are on-the-clock, and have to make up for the lost day if you want the pay :-/
I'm glad you figured out your email!

8:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home